The Whiskey Profile Kit contains all 4 different whiskey base essences as well as the following 8 flavours and 2 adjuncts:
- Oak Cask: A distinctive rounded oak cask flavour which is the main component in most whiskies.
- Sweet Vanillin: As the name suggests, this imparts a sweet vanilla flavour often found in whiskey that has been barrel-aged. It also has a slight sherry flavour.
- Peat Smoke: A strong almost pungent peat smoke flavour that is a very prominent flavour note in Scottish Whiskies.
- Astringent Notes: A sharp bitter astringent flavouring that helps add some bite to the whiskey.
- Fruity Esters: Fruity esters are prominent on the nose more than anywhere else. They add a great deal to the whiskey bouquet.
- Cereal Notes: Often described as grainy, these flavouring notes are a part of any grain spirit. This flavouring allows additional cereal notes to be added to taste.
- Carob Notes: A chocolate grain flavouring that results from the use of some mildly roasted grains and can also be contributed by some varieties of yeast during the early stages of fermentation.
- Cedar Oak: This imparts a distinctive drier oak flavouring than the oak cask flavouring and is often found in Irish style whiskey.
- Distillers Caramel: This is a stable caramel colour suitable for the distilled spirit as it has a negative colloidal charge and imparts a warm golden hue to the spirit.
- Glycerine: There are two bottles supplied in this pack as this is used in every recipe and contributes smoothness and mouthfeel. It is naturally occurring in almost all whiskies.
This kit includes a syringe and pipette to make putting your flavourings together simple.